The Chronicles of Frog

I was pulling out of my neighborhood today, amidst the morning routine of taking my son to day-care, when I noticed on my windshield, just below the wiper blade in front of me, was a baby frog. I had already pulled out on the highway before I noticed this frog clinging for dear life to the air-intake (or whatever you call it) just below my windshield. I was curious about how long he would last as I hurtled down the highway at 65 miles an hour. I can imagine the wind was a little brutal on Mr. Frog (or Steve as I like to call him). I could see his head shaking from the buffeting of the breeze rocketing off my hood. His little air sack under his face was sucking in and out at a fairly rapid pace. I felt bad for him. But, lo and behold, Steve made it all the way to day care and then to church. I was impressed. At one point he was facing forward, like a miniature hood ornament.

I had this thought at some point on my/our journey: my life feels like that more than I would care to explain. Barely holding on sometimes, being buffeted by unseen forces that war over my soul and try to rip me from the grasp of God. I can only pray that God holds on and that I can hold on when I'm stuck on life's hood, like a Cadillac hood ornament...and the driver is going faster and faster.


shalom, matt

0 comments: