8 Years

Today is my anniversary. 8 years ago today I married a beautiful woman, full of grace and charm and love and mercy and the heart of Christ. And she got...well...me. I'm not so full of those things, not all the time anyway. Anniversaries make you stop and consider the past ____ years of your relationship. I look back on mine and don't exactly like what I see on my end of things. I won't go into details, because, frankly, it's none of your business. Let's just say, I'm not proud of my husband-ness and, more recently, my father-ness. It seems like every time I try to make a great stride and do it better I slide backward further than where I just was. I don't know. Maybe I'm overreacting, beating myself up unnecessarily, but I know what I've been like over the last 3 years or so and I'm not proud. Okay, that's a really depressing post. Sorry. I'm having a bad day (not because it's my anniversary). I hope you all are well. At any rate, here's (lifts a tall glass of Gatorade) to my wife and the grace she has shown me by not shooting me.

shalom, matt

1 comments:

matt said...

Addendem: I'm doing okay now. sorry about the depressing nature of that post. wasn't feeling good about things.