Orthodoxy Quote, part 2

…much of nature seemed to be an act of repetition , like that of an excited schoolmaster saying the same thing over and over again. The grass seemed signaling to me with all its fingers at once; the crowded stars seemed bent upon being understood. The sun would make me see him if he rose a thousand times. The recurrence of the universe rose to the maddening rhythm of an incantation, and I began to see an idea.

In short, I had always believed that the world involved magic; now I thought that perhaps it involved a magician. And this pointed a profound emotion always present and subconscious; that this world of ours has some purpose; and if there is a purpose, there is a person. I had always felt life first as a story: and if there is a story there is a Storyteller.


0 comments: