AICM Journal Entry #5

1.3.07

Tonight was one of the more fun times I've participated in on the bus ministry in the four times I've been out here. It was great to hear our favorite phrase again--you know it by now--"Can I get on your back?" I thought about something while I was spinning one of the kids around, namely, how starved they are for attention. I've waxed on this before, so I won't go into great detail here. But I realized that we are providing a much needed meal of attention. The kids are ravenous, like a homeless man who hasn't eaten in four or five days. The kids get their fill and then come back for seconds and thirds. "Do it again!" Spin me again!" is a constant refrain in our ears while we are out on the bus with them. It's like they know that it may be the only meal they get for the next month, until Gene and Sherry can get back to them again. Exhausting as it may be we are more than happy oblige them and fill them up to overflowing with the love and attention that they so deserve as children of God.

shalom, matt

0 comments: