From the World of Auto Sales

So I start selling on Saturday. Do I feel prepared? Not so much. Do I think I can do it? I don't know. Do I have a choice? Not really. Is it possible that God could help out greatly in this situation? Absolutely. Do I believe He can and will? Yep.

Here's the thing about starting a new career, something I've probably mentioned before, but is worth repeating: I've had to find faith again, a rabid, radical, desperate trust in an invisible God that I'm hoping will help me sell cars so I can feed my family. I'm learning to trust God in the smaller details of life, details I've not really bothered mentioning to Him before.

I can't explain it, but something deep down in me knows that God is going to help me in a job that I know nothing about. Maybe part this knowledge lies in the fact that I'm in a career that I know nothing about and can't just fudge my way through (or not nearly as much). In my life as a youth minister, I was using my gifts and abilities so the job required less God involvement to make it happen. Not so the case here. I have not the foggiest of how to sell anything. I've spent my adult career life trying to avoid using selling tactics; now I'm dependent upon them. I have to depend on Him. There is no other alternative.

Is there ever really another alternative?

shalom, matt

0 comments: