For Gorillas

I read a quote today that I absolutely love.

The law of the American jungle: Remain calm, share your bananas.

That's quality.

We live in crazy times, dangerous times, confusing times. We live under the tyranny, fear and Big Brother watch of the Bush Administration. We need each other to make it through. We need to remain calm, not flip out, not go into hibernation, dig ourselves little hovels in the sides of mountains, or stockpile food and water in a panic. We need each other. We need to share our bananas with one another. The banana of community, of shared life, of "lean on me when you're not strong," of I need you/you need me/we need each other to make it through. I see no way to make it through life when you do it on your own. "It is not good for humanity to be alone."

So, remain calm, and share your bananas.

shalom, matt

0 comments: