Britney's Back

I heard today that Britney Spears is out of rehab. So the obvious question is, How long until she is back in? I hope that she never goes back. I'd like to think that she might make a turn for the better and get some crap sorted out in her life, for the sake of her children if nothing else. But here's the rub: without some sort of regular accountability, or without a change in lifestyle, she's doomed to repeat the same mistakes, end up in the same clubs, with the same people, doing the same ol' things. We see it time and again in the lives of Hollywood stars. We see it time and again in the lives of you and me as well, don't we? When are we going to realize that we need each other, that we can't make it on our own? "It is not good for man to be alone," saith the Lord. We were meant to live in community because we cannot live in any other way. How many suicides happen because someone is too connected to a community? Few, if any. How many happen because someone is totally without community? Most I would guess. We cannot exist on our own.

This new command I give you: Love one another.

shalom, matt

0 comments: