And Furthermore... (Other Thoughts on Lesson 4)

Am I really ready to touch the untouchables in our community? Do I really realize the cost, the emotional commitment and inevitable heartache, the time commitment and disappointments? I've been re-reading The Irresistible Revolution (see links for Amazon link to the book) and just finished the chapter about his trip to India. Everything in me screams out, "I want to go to India. I want to visit the sick and dying, the lepers and the diseased." But something within me creeps up underneath all of that and whispers that I'm not ready to handle that kind of pain and loss. I push back but can't seem to quiet that voice. Is it God telling me I'm not to that point in my faith yet? Is it "the other one" trying to prevent the inevitable step of faith into the unknown realm of Incarnational love and compassion and "doing greater things than even [Jesus has] done?" For now, I don't know. I know what I want: I want the kingdom to become reality in my life, a reality that spreads naturally from me into the "least of these," those that Jesus went to with the message of kingdom. I want to go there.

Where are you in the transformation?

shalom, matt

0 comments: