I Leave It To Him

From Monsignor Quixote by Graham Greene:

“Without much hope [Monsignor Quixote] opened the book a second time, but this time he was rewarded, although the paragraph he had fixed on began discouragingly. ‘Have I have in my life made a good confession? Has God pardoned me? Am I in a good or a bad state?’ He was tempted to close the book but he read on. ‘I at once reply: God wishes to conceal all that from me, so that I may blindly abandon myself to His mercies. I do not wish to know what He does not wish to show me and I wish to proceed in the midst of whatever darkness He may plunge me into. It is His business to know the state of my progress, mine to occupy myself with Him alone. He will take care of all the rest; I leave it to Him.’

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dude--
Nice Quote...hope things are well for you and the fam. Been thinking alot about you.
-moshe-