Mi Familia

I don't blog much about my family, nor post pics of them. This is not intentionally, simply an oversight on the part of my editorial staff (me). So I thought I would take a moment and post a few pics and random thoughts about them. 

This is my son, Elijah. He is five. He took this pictures on our Mac using Photo Booth. By himself. Without any help. Did I mention he is five? He is what we call technilogically savvy. As you can see he is a hundred different kinds of awesome. He has mastered the art of entertaining himself. He is like me in so many ways. This is good. This is also bad. He is also a little like his mother. This is very good. We're hoping her good genes will beat the crap out of my bad genes and he will turn out okay down the road. And by "okay" I mean more like her than like me. He looks like me too, which is unfortunate for his future dating career. I love him. 






This is my wife, Beth. We've been married almost 10 years (August 8th, baby!). She is what we call "hot." She is also way out of my league. Always has been, always will be. She is a gift from God, tangible evidence of God's grace upon the ignorant and not-very-attractive (me). There is no one like her. I don't deserve her. There is no one more like Jesus that I know on this earth. She is gracious, loving, giving, serving and sacrificial--and insanely patient with me. I love her more than life itself. 



And, finally, there is me. I'm almost 32. I have a unibrow. My goatee is kind of awesome. I love my family. I lean heavily on grace. I try to be like Jesus and sometimes succeed, but most of the time I have to fall back on that grace-thing. I wish I knew what God was doing with me, but, then again, don't we all. 

2 comments:

mike-daddy said...

Amen to everything you said, except you do deserve Beth.

Brad Polley said...

That photo collection was like looking upon two beautiful flowers growing next to a giant steaming pile of excrement...in my case, it's three beautiful flowers growing next to a puddle of bile with love handles.