I...

i am: burning discs off my iTunes and working on this list.

i think: the animals are conspiring against us.

i know: that I am a mess right now.

i want: to not be a mess right now.

i have: a dream…oh, wait…Martin Luther King, Jr. already had one. Ummm…I have too many guitar pedals.

i wish: I were living communally.

i hate: the Patriots.

i miss: Arrested Development, and sometimes I miss being a youth minister.

i fear: losing my family.

i feel: like writing a song.

i hear: my son playing video games.

i smell: my wife fixing leftovers, and I think my son just farted.

i crave: a Dr. Thunder.

i search: Amazon for cheap books and music.

i wonder: if I’ll ever grow up and stop being a d-bag.

i regret: one or two bad choices I made as a teenager that are still affecting me.

i love: my wife and son.

i ache: for wholeness.

i care: about the marginalized.

i always: want more.

i am not: doing anything productive at the moment.

i believe: in a better way.

i dance: rarely, but I play a lot of air guitar and air drums.

i sing: constantly in my car.

i don't always: finish my “honey-do” lists.


i fight: the law…and the law wins.

i write: not as often as I’d like to.

i win: video games against the computer.

i lose: video games against my brother.

i never: listen to rap music.

i confuse: more easily than I should for a 31 year old. 


i listen:  to music that doesn’t suck.

i can usually be found: on the computer.

i am scared: that I might not be what God wants me to be.

i need: some help…interested?

i am happy about: my life in general if not all the specifics.

shalom, matt

0 comments: