As I Sleep the Sleep of Death

Perhaps a bit dramatic on the title, but the last 10 days of my "life" have come fairly close to ringing the death knell for me. I'm so freaking tired I can't even see straight, crooked, or behind me. Since Wednesday, June 6th I have logged somewhere in the neighborhood of 120+ hours out at the fairgrounds in the vain hope that I might sell a few cars (which I have, but not as many as i would like). Stop and contemplate that number for a minute. A normal work week is 40 hours. I've worked three weeks worth of hours in 10 days. Most of my day consists of sitting around under a tree waiting on people to drive up so I can take my turn at accosting them to trade me their hard earned money for a car. In a given day I might meet with three customers. Three. In twelve hours. Lots of down time. I've entertained myself by playing Yahtzee! on my phone (set a few record scores this week), doing crossword puzzles, solving Sudoku, or aimlessly walking around in the used cars, pretending like I'm doing something moderately useful...which I'm not.

I have one more day of this crap to go and then I can get back to a somewhat normal schedule. Might even get to see my family a little. I'll post more later about the world of auto sales and some crap I've discovered along the way.

shalom, matt

1 comments:

Korin said...

my sympathies... I just got a job w/ 12 hour days, and I havn't done half that many hours. Go take a 24 hr long nap